Teaching Children To Sew
Posted May 5, 2022
You may not realize it, but you have several options for sewing classes. Both children and adults, female and male, enjoy sewing. Whether the initial motivation is a costume, special project, or something more basic, it’s important to give them a good start. The sewing skills they learn will carry with them the rest of their lives.
- First, consider Indy ASG members who teach. There’s a “Classes” tab on the Home page where you will find a list of members who offer lessons.
- Next, 4-H is a great organization for teaching children, 3rd grade through high school, life skills such as sewing.
- JoAnn Fabrics offer classes, as well as independently owned fabric and quilt stores. Check with your local store.
- Nextdoor.com, facebook.com, or whatever social media app you favor can be very helpful. Whether you’re asking about sewing lessons or a plumber, members enjoy sharing their experiences with you.
- Finally, do you have a neighbor who sews? I bet you do and you don’t know it. Ask around.