You may not realize it, but you have several options for sewing classes. Both children and adults, female and male, enjoy sewing. Whether the initial motivation is a costume, special project, or something more basic, it’s important to give them a good start. The sewing skills they learn will carry with them the rest of their lives.
- First, consider Indy ASG members who teach. There’s a “Classes” tab on the Home page where you will find a list of members who offer lessons.
- Next, 4-H is a great organization for teaching children, 3rd grade through high school, life skills such as sewing.
- JoAnn Fabrics offer classes, as well as independently owned fabric and quilt stores. Check with your local store.
- Nextdoor.com, facebook.com, or whatever social media app you favor can be very helpful. Whether you’re asking about sewing lessons or a plumber, members enjoy sharing their experiences with you.
- Finally, do you have a neighbor who sews? I bet you do and you don’t know it. Ask around.