Log In / Password Help
As a member of the national organization and the local chapter, it is necessary to maintain two passwords, one for each website, in order to log in. The reason for this is that although our chapter is part of the national organization, there is no connection between the national organization’s database and ours.
Access to Chapter’s Members Only Area
When you join ASG, you automatically become a Chapter member. However, access to the Chapter’s Members Only area is not immediate. The Chapter must receive notice of your membership after which a membership account is established for you and finally we send you an email notifying you of your new account and provide you with credentials to access the Members Only area.
New member login credentials by default will be your first name for username and your ASG membership number as your password.
Email Address Change
If you have a new email address, go to ASG National website, www.asg.org, log in and change your email address there.
Then you need to tell us. Our records are independent of National’s. Click here to tell us about your email change.
Then continue to use your old email address to log into this website until you receive a notice from us with your new login credentials which should reflect your new email address.
- National ASG Website – Visit Forgot Password which is located on their website.
- Indy ASG Chapter Website – Go to the log in page and select “Lost your password?” under the log in form. On this website, the Forgot Password routine will offer to reset your password by emailing a special link to the email address associated with your account here.Click the link to reset your password. You do not have to accept the suggested password. You can enter your own. Just keep in mind a weak password is easily guessed. Help keep everyone safe by using a strong password.If your email address has changed and you are unable to receive email from the website, please contact us at email@example.com to let us know your new email address and request your password.
RESET / CHANGE PASSWORD
- National ASG Website – After logging into the Members Only area, on the Member Information page, click on Change Password (left side of screen). Enter your current password, a new password and confirm the new password. Then click Submit.
- Indy ASG Chapter Website – Changing or resetting your password is very easy.
- Be sure you are logged out.
- Click Log In to bring up the login dialog box.
- Instead of logging back in, click ‘Lost your password?’ below the login dialog box.
- Enter your email address. Make sure it is the same that you use for this website. Click GET NEW PASSWORD.
- An email will be sent to your inbox with a link for resetting your password. Open the email and click the link.
- A new strong password will be automatically offered for your consideration, but you do not have to accept it. Instead you can enter your own password in the field if you prefer.
TIP: If you use a password manager, then complex passwords are simple to use. There are popular password managers including Dashlane, LastPass and RoboForm that can save passwords for you and automatically log you in. There are many others.
- If your password is labeled as ‘Weak’, you can still use it if you want but we highly recommend using a strong password for best security for you and your fellow members.
- Click the button to save your password.